The Government of Nigeria under the leadership of NACA in collaboration with the Implementing Partners has received support from Global Fund to conduct an operations research on Community directed initiatives that improve access to HIV and STI services and retention among AGYW and key vulnerable populations. This operation research will primarily be useful for identifying models that work to address some the barriers to access for AGYW and KP including inmates and transgender persons. Identifying strategies that work will inform improvements to program quality and efficiency and effectiveness. It will also complement other M&E activities that will be conducted and together will provide much-needed information about which interventions and service delivery models work or do not work for reaching AGYW and key populations (inmates and transgender).
This document outlines the terms of reference for the conduct of this operation research among the AGYW and KP in six states.
- Goal and Objectives
The goal is to conduct operations research to identify, document and disseminate successful strategies used at the community level to improve access to HIV and STI services and retention among AGYW and key populations including inmates and transgender persons.
- To identify, assess and document community directed initiatives that improve access to HIV and STI services and retention among AGYW and KP including inmates and transgender persons.
- To identify, assess and document specific strategies for removing barriers to treatment access and retention for AGYW and KP transgender persons.
- Scope of work
The Operations research will be taking place in six (6) states of the federation. The Consultants will provide technical support for the activities that include protocol development, questionnaire/tool development, training of data collectors, data management (data collection, data quality assurance, and data analysis), report writing and dissemination of finding. The consultants will be directly supervised by the technical core team for the research, with oversight from the RM&E and Community Prevention and Care Service Departments of NACA.
The specific tasks will include the following;
- The consultants will support the design and implementation of the Operation Research.
- The consultants will support the development of draft research protocol and data collection tools required for the Operations Research.
- Facilitate workshop to finalize the research protocol and data collection tools
- Facilitate the training of data collectors for the study
- Supervision of field data collection, and ensure compliance with the methodology proposed.
- Development of data entry template, data analysis and report writing plan and share with the technical core team for approval
- Responsible for data management (quality check), analysis and interpretation and report writing.
- Development of factsheets and scientific papers for publication.
- Build the capacity of NACA staff on data management and scientific writing.
- Expected deliverables
- Inception report with detailed operational workplan and timelines.
- Provide the technical core team with weekly update throughout the duration of the research (via emails/physical).
- Submit Data analysis plan.
- Submit Training and Capacity Building report
- Prepare and present OR key findings to NACA and key stakeholders in power point presentations
- Submit a comprehensive/harmonized technical and process report for the Operation Research in both soft and hard copies to NACA.
- Submit Final data set to the Research Unit of RM&E department, NACA in an acceptable format.
- Develop draft manuscript.
- Duration of Consultancy
The assignment will be undertaken for a period of Twenty-One (21) working days.
- Number of Consultants Required
Two consultants will be required for the two aspects of this study; AGYW and KP. Please clearly indicate the aspect you are interested in, as we would like a consultant in each of the respective areas.
- Required Qualification /Experience:
- Must possess at least a Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Global health/ Infectious diseases or related field. A PhD degree in related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience working in the National HIV/AIDS response, and 5-years’ experience working with the target population (AGYW/KP).
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience leading in public health programme/project evaluation and /or operations research in Nigeria;
- Ability to design and plan evaluation approaches and research methodologies, including quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- A minimum of three scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Previous experience in community research/survey related activities.
- Expertise in the use of statistical applications such as Stata, SPSS, RedCap, etc
- Excellent communication, facilitation, writing and capacity building skills
- Ability to work within strict/tight deadlines.
7.`COLLECTION OF REQUESTS FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) DOCUMENT
The Request for Proposal (RFP) can be downloaded from this link;
- GUIDELINE FOR SUBMISSION AND OPENING OF DOCUMENTS
- The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Community Directed Initiatives that Improve Access to HIV and STI Services and Retention among AGYW and Key Vulnerable Populations” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below.
- Please note that there are two aspects of this study; AGYW and KP. Please indicate clearly on the envelop the aspect you are interested in, as we would like a consultant in each of the respective areas.
- Deadline for Submission: The deadline for the submission of proposal should not be later than 12 noon of Monday 20th September 2021 by 12 noon. The submission (s) received will be opened immediately after closing at NACA Conference Room in the presence of consultants that choose to attend.
- ADDRESS FOR INFORMATION AND SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
Ground Floor Room 1.08
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office, Wuse zone 4, Abuja
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +234-9-4613726-9 Fax: +234 94613700
- GLOBAL FUND CODE OF CONDUCT
You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
Accepting this invitation shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
iii. If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
iii. This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.