DG NACA Counsels People Living with HIV to Stay Safe and Be Vigilant
COVID-19 is a serious global respiratory disease pandemic, people with weak body defense system are likely to suffer serious consequences. We recommend PLHIV to adhere to their ARV drugs and take all the necessary safety precautions outlined by WHO and NCDC.
People living with HIV should stay safe by doing the following:
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Eat right
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep
- Reduce stress as much as possible
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water for 20-40 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid crowds and large gatherings of people.
- Cover mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing. Throw the tissue away after use.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever or cough and stay home when you are ill.
Staying healthy helps your body defense system fight off infection should it occur
If you are experiencing fever, cough and difficulty breathing, please seek medical care immediately
Gambo Gumel Aliyu
Director General, NACA