This position is for the Global Fund Job details...Read More
ENGAGEMENT OF LAB CONSULTANT (PROJECT STELLAR)
The deadline has been extended to January 13, 2023
Project / Program: Nigeria Global Fund RSSH-NACA
Reports To: Laboratory Systems Team Lead
This role will focus on the implementation of key NiSRN activities under the Laboratory Systems component of the RSSH II grant. This would involve the implementation of a specimen referral network through Nigeria Postal Services (NIPOST) in the two pilot states of Abia and Taraba. In addition, this role would also support the coordination of Project Stellar and the implementation of the recommendations of the GlobalFund based on the LFA review of the upgrade of 74 laboratories done under RSSH I.
This position reports to the Senior Technical Specialist, Laboratory Systems NACA/RSSH Program Management Unit.
To this end, NACA will engage Lab Consultant (Project Stellar)
- Goal and Objectives
- Drives the implementation of the recommendations of the NiSRN evaluation.
- Supports the strategic design and monitors the implementation of the operational plan for pilot of integrated specimen movement through NIPOST in Abia & Taraba states.
- Supports the integration of all diseases of public health importance into the national integrated specimen referral network.
- Directly monitors and manages the consultancy firm that would be engaged to handhold NiPOST.
- Supports the development of concept notes and guidance documents in relation to NiSRN interventions and activities.
- Supports the operationalization of standard biosafety and biosecurity practices in the laboratory and at the NIPOST facilities as it is required in the guidelines and manual.
- Supports the senior technical specialist in monitoring and tracking the sustainability plan for NiSRN under RSSH II grant
- Set up and monitors the SLAs and services provided by the 3PL that would be responsible for the transportation of EID and Viral Load specimens for bi-annual retesting from molecular laboratories to the National External Quality Assessment Laboratory (NEQAL).
- Monitors and supervise the renovation and other related activities at the supported 74 laboratories.
- Works with the TSOs in the implementation of the Project Stellar workplan as approved by the GF.
- Coordinates meetings of stakeholders on Project Stellar.
- Contributes to developing communication products including but not limited to success stories, fact sheets, technical briefs, abstracts and publications.
- Represents the project within the laboratory stakeholder’s community.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Inception report with first two weeks of commencement of the consultancy.
- Monthly progress report (linked to (i) milestones on the final workplan for the NiSRN improvement activities, (ii) milestones on the workplans for the NEQAL activities and (iii) milestones on the workplan for Project Stellar) throughout the duration of the consultancy.
- Final report on the pilot of integrated sample referral in Abia and Taraba states.
- Final report on the renovation and other related activities at the supported 74 laboratories.
- SLA with engaged vendor for the transportation of EID and Viral Load specimens retesting from molecular laboratories to the National External Quality Assessment Laboratory (NEQAL)
Qualification and work experience
- BMLS or Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science; Plus, Master’s degree in Public Health, Medical Laboratory Science or other related fields
- Current practicing license with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria
- At least six (8) years post-qualification experience working on laboratory systems strengthening, of which at least three (3) years must be related to integrated specimen referral network.
- Knowledge of standard biosafety and biosecurity practices is essential.
- Experience working on a nationwide laboratory system strengthening project is essential.
- Experience working on a Global Fund or donor-funded laboratory system strengthening project.
- Understanding of global public health issues, systems and stakeholders in Nigeria, and of laboratory system strengthening activities in the context of a health system strengthening effort.
- Experience managing, supervising and teaching laboratory staff.
- Experience in specimen management and logistics as it relates to Laboratory system strengthening interventions in HIV, TB & Malaria programs.
- Experience in documentation of programmatic outcomes through operational research would be an advantage.
- Ability to travel to project sites as may be required.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software
The duration of the consultancy is Twelve Months.
- Number of Consultants Required-One (1)
- While submitting the Technical Proposal, the Applicant shall, in particular, ensure to attach the following:
- Profile of the consultant (max 1 page) explaining why they are the most suitable for the
- Copies of all certificates for all qualifications indicated in the CV.
- Relevant Experience (max 2 pages) and relevant supporting document.
- Detailed methodology and conceptual framework with expected deliverables and timelines, man-days required (3-5 pages).
- Recent CV
The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount (including a breakdown of costs for fees, travel and number of working days). Payments will be made in instalments based upon key outputs/deliveries (mentioned under the payment schedule above).
6.`COLLECTION OF REQUESTS FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) DOCUMENT
The Request for Proposal (RFP) can be downloaded from this link.
- GUIDELINE FOR SUBMISSION AND OPENING OF DOCUMENTS
The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Lab Consultant (Project Stellar)” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below.
Deadline for Submission: The deadline for the submission of the proposal should not be later than 12 noon on Friday 13 January 2023. The submission(s) received will be opened immediately after closing at NACA Conference Room in the presence of consultants that choose to attend.
- ADDRESS FOR INFORMATION AND SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
Ground Floor Room 1.08
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office, Wuse zone 4, Abuja
Email: [email protected]
- GLOBAL FUND CODE OF CONDUCT
You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
Accepting this invitation shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing a reason.
We move! Join us to do this. If you are an adolescent, you don't want to miss out on this.... super health information, free doctors consultation for 5 days and free data too. @UNICEF_Nigeria @UNICEFi...Read More
Nigeria Key Populations Health and
Call for Nominations Interim National Steering Committee ...Read More
UNAIDS MAKES CASE FOR MORE
L-R: National Coordinator NEPWHAN, Mr. Abdulkadir Ibrahim; Director Resource...Read More