ENGAGEMENT OF CONSULTANT PROVIDING TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE STATE HEALTH WORKFORCE REGISTRY IN KOGI STATE
Human Resources for Health (HRH) planning and management remains a major challenge to health sector development in Nigeria. To achieve UHC, improvement in access to quality health care provided by trained, skilled and motivated health workers is essential. Health workforce information is needed for evidence-based planning, and this is not readily available mainly due to multiplicity of systems which are not interoperable and readily accessible by the health planners at national and sub-national levels, non-availability of standard data collection and collation tools, weak data flow processes and lack of infrastructure and equipment needed for data management and transmission.
In order to address this challenge, the Federal Ministry of Health has resolved in line with the National Health Act 2014 and the Global strategy for Human Resources for Health: Workforce (GSHRH) 2030, to establish the National Health Workforce Registry (NHWR) to provide the HRH information for evidence-based decision making. The NHWR is the single and authoritative source of health workforce information that can provide accurate count of all health care personnel at all tiers of government and private health sector, as well as diaspora. It is a web-based enabled database developed using iHRIS software.
Owing to the fact that the NHWR is a web database, the services of an IT consultant is therefore needed to support the data entry into an excel template, do the data cleaning, standardization, analysis and upload of the data into the Registry.
- The specific roles and responsibilities of the consultant are as follows:
- Provide the necessary support during the data entry exercise (extraction of health workers data from the hard copy tools into MS Excel template)
- Cleaning and adjustment of the health workforce information and bringing the data into a common format that allows for research, large-scale analytics
- Cleaning and aggregation of health workforce data
- Standardize health workforce data to align with DHIS2
- Analyse and produce health workforce profile and e-bulleting
- Provide necessary support for the upload of the standardized data into the National Health Workforce Registry platform.
- Produce reports
- Other Responsibilities are:
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the state HRH information systems and data entry.
- Record and process health workforce data.
- Support management on structural policy matters related to the HRHIS.
- Maintain data integrity in systems by regularly analyzing data.
- Work alongside the IT department to perform regular assessments and improvements to the HRHIS.
- Design user-friendly processes, guidelines, and documentation.
- Oversee all system upgrades and system additions in partnership with the Information Technology (IT) department.
- Ensure all HRH-related systems are compliant with data protection laws.
- Train the trainers on advance use of the registry
- Deliverables of the Consultant:
- Ensure health workforce data are duly entered into HWR Excel template,
- Data cleaned, standardized to align with DHIS2
- Data analysed
- Health workforce profile and e-bulleting produced
- Provided support for the upload of the standardized data into the National Health Workforce Registry platform.
- Upload of data to the NHWR supported
- Reports produced
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Information Technology or any other relevant field. (ICT Professional certificate will be an added advantage)
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience working on HRHIS software, data analysis and Information and Communication Technology.
- Practical experience with HRHIS database administration, data analysis and data visualization.
- Good experience in HRHIS, ICT and data analysis training of trainers (ToT) will be an added advantage
- Good communication and organizational skills.
The duration of the consultancy is Forty-two (42) days
- COLLECTION OF REQUESTS FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) DOCUMENT
The Request for Proposal (RFP) can be downloaded from this link;
- GUIDELINE FOR SUBMISSION AND OPENING OF DOCUMENTS
- The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Establishment of the State Health Workforce Registry in Kogi State” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below.
- Deadline for Submission: The deadline for the submission of proposal should not be later than 12 noon of Wednesday 29th September 2021. The submission (s) received will be opened immediately after closing at NACA Conference Room in the presence of consultants that choose to attend.
- ADDRESS FOR INFORMATION AND SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
Ground Floor Room 1.08
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office, Wuse zone 4, Abuja
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +234-9-4613726-9 Fax: +234 94613700
- GLOBAL FUND CODE OF CONDUCT
You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
Accepting this invitation shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
iii. If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
iii. This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.