Global Fund RSSH Technical Specialist (State Engagement: Community Systems Strengthening & Integrated Service Delivery)
|Job title: Global Fund RSSH Technical Specialist (State Engagement: Community Systems Strengthening & Integrated Service Delivery)||Supervisor: Senior Technical Specialist (State Engagement: Community Systems Strengthening & Integrated Service Delivery)|
|Duration of contract: 33 months||Location: Abuja|
|The Technical Specialist (State Engagement) position is designed to support the timely implementation of all the project activities under Community System Strengthening (CSS) and Intergrated Service Delivery module leading to results outlined in the Project Implementation Plan. S/he will support the overall attainment of project objectives. H/her primary focus will be on ensuring project targets and deliverables related operations are of topmost quality and effectiveness|
|1. Provide technical input in the development of an integrated project plan in collaboration with the Senior Technical Specialist.
2. Provide hands-on technical support to the Sub-Recipients supporting the state engagement component, ensuring highest level of project management skills are applied to the overall grant management results
3. Support the implementation of the activities of the State Engagement component (covering CSS and integrated service delivery) of the RSSH grant.
4. Support the SR to develop concept notes and guidance documents in relation to interventions and activities
5. Lead SR to conduct periodic programme reviews and development performance improvement plans
6. Support capacity building for the corresponding Community Engagement component sub-recipient (SR) staff and the state staff.
7. Support ISS and community led-monitoring interventions programme design, implementation and monitoring.
8. Support the implementation of the project learning agenda for improved outputs and outcomes.
9. Support strengthening of project implementing teams at national and state levels
10. Document programmatic status and achievements and feedback to the Senior Technical Specialist on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
11. Support the development of communication products including but not limited to success stories, fact sheets, technical briefs, abstracts and publications.
12. Represent the project within the state and local levels.
13. Participate in any other activities related to the above functions.
|1. Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Medical Sciences, Social sciences, or other related Field; Plus Master’s degree in Public Health, medical sciences or social sciences or other related fields.
2. Minimum of 5 years’ field level professional experience in supporting community systems and state structures at the national and sub-national levels
3. Experience implementing quality improvements interventions at community level for HIV, TB & Malaria programs, including ISS.
4. Good understanding of the Civil Society Organization (CSO) networks’ structures and operations
5. Experience in mentoring and coaching of community level implementers
6. Working experience in management of public health laboratory commodities pipeline.
7. Experience working in complex stakeholder environments especially characterized by multiple tiers of governments, variety of implementers, heavy outsourcing, Significant Donor presence.
8. Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
9. Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English.
10. Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office applications preferred).
11. Experience using web-based applications (email, browsing, and literature retrieval).
12. Ability to work with minimal supervision.