Global Fund RSSH Senior Technical Specialist (Procurement and Supply Chain Management)
|Job title: Global Fund RSSH Senior Technical Specialist (Procurement and Supply Chain Management)||Supervisor: Project Coordinator|
|Duration of contract: 33 months||Location: Abuja|
|The Senior Technical Specialist (PSCM) position is to provide technical leadership of the Global Fund (GF) Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) grant PSCM program. S/he will provide technical, strategic advice and programmatic direction for the capacity building of government agencies in the development and implementation of logistics and supply chain aspects of the RSSH grant.|
|1. In close collaboration with national and sub-national authorities and stakeholders, lead the implementation of the supply chain program of the RSSH that supports supports delivery of comprehensive prevention, care and treatment services.
2. Lead grant stakeholder management efforts as it relates to supply chain and the applicable stakeholders.
3. Work within project strategy and policy guidelines and makes accountable decisions concerning work responsibilities.
4. Develop Nigeria Health Logistic Management Information System (NHLMIS) Laboratory content and upgrade and Supply Chain Management Systems-related data use products.
5. Coordinate strengthening of Logistics Management Coordination Unit (LMCUs)
6. Mentor and provide technical leadership and support to the PSCM Specialist and related Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) state staff.
7. Take programmatic responsibility for the design and functioning of the PSCM strategy system.
8. Provide technical and managerial oversight of the Sub-Recipient (SR) and other implementers supporting the PSCM systems strengthening module of the RSSH grant
9. Lead capacity building for the PSCM systems Specialist, the corresponding PSCM systems strengthening SR staff and the state staff.
10. Review SR’s quarterly and annual workplans, budgets and activity concept notes ensuring they are of highest quality
11. Coordinate timely relevant technical support to all implementing health facilities.
12. Represent the project at the national level on matters of PSCM systems.
13. Review Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the Technical Advisor.
14. Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep Project Coordinator informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
15. Work with management to document and publish best practices.
16. Provide technical input in the development of an integrated project plan in collaboration with the Project Coordinator.
17. Ensure adequate reporting data is provided to Global Fund and used by project management: coordinate writing of reports and take responsibility for compilation of joint project report to the Global Fund and to national authorities as appropriate.
|1. Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy, health sciences, supply chain/logistics or MBBS; Plus Master’s degree in Public Health, Supply Chain Management, natural and sciences or other related fields.
2. Supply chain certifications (CIPS, APICS, CSCP or similar) an added advantage
3. At least 10 years of experience working in the supply chain management space of the national health system
4. Experience working on international donor-funded programs (Global Fund preferred) is added advantage.
5. Experience designing and implementing health products supply chain interventions (Preferably in HIV, TB & Malaria programs)
6. Leadership experience in management of public health commodities pipeline.
7. Strong leadership competencies in both the mobilization of teams on one hand; the design, development and mainstreaming of new processes or procedures, on the other hand.
8. Experience at organizing and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development and mentoring processes
9. Ability to lead and guide strategy development with the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH), manage technical implementation of proposed project initiatives, as well as ability to supervise, mentor and coach project and government staff.
10. Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
11. Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English.
12. Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office applications preferred).
13. Experience using web-based applications (email, browsing, and literature retrieval).