REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) FOR THE ENGAGEMENT OF CONSULTANT FOR REVIEW OF NATIONAL HIV PREVENTION STANDARD DOCUMENTS (MPPI, NATIONAL PREVENTION PLAN, NATIONAL STRATEGY FOR ADOLESCENTS
Duration: 25 Days
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Prevention remains a key strategy for reversing the HIV epidemic in Nigeria. In recent years, prevention activities have been more targeted to ensure that the greater proportion of the Nigerian population is free of HIV infection and that there is a seamless implementation of the HIV cascade (prevention, treatment, care and support services). To be effective, HIV prevention programs must focus on the critical relationship between the epidemiology of HIV infection, risk behaviours that predispose people to HIV, the cultural, institutional, and structural factors that aid or impede people’s ability to access and use HIV services, thus making them more or less vulnerable to HIV infection. The prioritization of prevention in the national response is to ensure the reduction of the rate of new HIV infections. Over the years, prevention programming in the country has been standardized, coordinated and taking cognizance of dosage and intensity effect in stimulating behaviour change. Prevention efforts are now context and audience-specific and consider structural factors affecting behaviour change and maintenance. Three national documents guiding the National HIV prevention in Nigeria are due for a review. They include:
- The National HIV Prevention Plan (NPP)
- Minimum Prevention Package of Intervention (MPPI) A simple Implementation Guide
- The National HIV Strategy for Adolescents and Young People
- EXPERIENCE/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The consultant is to possess the under listed:
- At least a Master’s Degree in public health or social sciences or its equivalent; with experience working on HIV prevention programming for AYP, key and vulnerable populations issues.
- At least 8 years experience in HIV programming and must be familiar with health and non-health sector HIV programming in relation to HIV & AIDS.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the HIV/AIDS situation in sub-Saharan Africa and Nigeria in particular.
- Have experience with strategic document development.
- Have undertaken at least one similar assignment in the last two years.
- Workplan for the revision of the three documents
- Develop a protocol that will be submitted to NHREC
- Development manuscript
- Draft revised documents
- Final Policy framework for publication and dissemination
- Consultancy report
- DURATION OF CONSULTANCY
The consultants shall work over 25 days to deliver the entire process.
- GUIDELINE FOR SUBMISSION AND OPENING OF DOCUMENTS
- A complete set of Request for Proposal documents in the English Language can be obtained by clicking this link
- The Proposals and Curriculum Vitae (CV) must be in English Language and submitted in four (4) copies (one original & three copies) in a sealed envelope marked at the topmost right corner “Consultancy Services” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below. Endeavour to sing in your proposal in the Bid register.
- Submission of application closes on Thursday 9th April 2021 by 12.00 noon, and the submissions received will be opened immediately after closing at NACA Conference Room (Ground Floor) in the presence of consultants or their representatives that choose to attend.
- ADDRESS FOR INFORMATION AND SUBMISSION OF BIDS
The proposals should be submitted to the address below.
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office, Wuse zone 4, Abuja
All clarification questions may be sent to the email below on or before 12noon of 9th April 2021
Tel: +234-9-4613726-9 Fax: +234 94613700
- GLOBAL FUND CODE OF CONDUCT
You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
Responding to this advert shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
iii. If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
iii. This advertisement shall not be construed as a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing a reason.