Global Fund RSSH Project Coordinator
|Job title: Global Fund RSSH Project Coordinator||Supervisor: Director-General|
|Duration of contract: 33 months||Location: Abuja|
|The Project Coordinator manages the Global Fund (GF) Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) grant. S/he is responsible for ensuring project deliverables and results are met on schedule. S/he is responsible for the development, execution, and monitoring of the project, including (1) vision and technical strategy; (2) project management; (3) documentation and communication; (4) client and stakeholder relationships; and (5) coordination and synergy with other Global Fund projects. She/he will maintain good working relationships with the relevant Government institutions and its officials, local and international partners and the Nigeria Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM).|
|1. Technical and managerial oversight of the National Agency for the Control of AIDS Global Fund RSSH grant and Project Management Unit (PMU).
2. Develop (adapt as needed) and execute project’s Technical Strategy, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plan and annual project work plans as per contract/agreement requirements, approved budget and received obligations, NACA’s technical frameworks and standards.
3. Serve as a liaison between the PMU and relevant decision makers at the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and Sub-Recipients.
4. Ensure coordination among Federal and State governments, disease programs, and multilateral and bilateral agencies to avoid duplication of efforts and to efficiently achieve results on strengthening laboratory systems, logistics and supply chain systems, community systems, integrated service delivery/quality improvements and HMIS.
5. Ensure project staffing, structure and reporting relationships are aligned with project needs, local context and available resources.
6. Provide strategic and operational leadership to the PMU and coordinate grant making processes, ensuring high quality implementation plans and related planning/management tools are developed and submitted on schedule, implementing an effective performance-management program focused on results and individual accountability
7. Coordinate the preparation and submission of high quality programmatic and financial reports to Director General, the CCM and the Global Fund on schedule, using appropriate templates as applicable, with respect to the grant performance and progress.
8. Maintain grant-related reference resources including grant agreements, approved work plan and performance framework, Project Implementation Plan (PIP), grant reporting schedules, grant application deadlines, and other information that may be needed.
9. Oversee the final approved work plan and budget
10. Research best and emerging grant development and management practices and ensure capacity building of PMU team members in relevant areas.
11. Actively participate in local, state, and national grant-related activities and provide technical support.
12. Consistently promote a strong corporate culture, quality and high-performance work teams.
|1. Masters of Public Health (MPH), MBBS or Master’s level degree in related field or equivalent experience
2. Project management or leadership certificate or qualification is an added advantage
3. Minimum of 15 years’ experience working in development field and program implementations, preferably public health
4. Experience managing large international donor funded projects (preferably Global Fund HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and/or malaria programs); Health system strengthening programs on supply chain, monitoring and evaluation, health management information system, laboratory services and Federal- and State-level programs is an added advantage
5. In-depth understanding of the Global Fund and its operational principles, guidelines and grant management architecture
6. In-depth understanding of NACA and FMOH’s departments and their functions
7. In-depth understanding of Nigeria’s health system and institutions, and their mandates
8. Demonstrated leadership and management abilities with evident deliverables
9. Prior experience and success directing similar or larger international donor-funded projects
10. Proven capability to collaborate and efficiently work with multiple partners, Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies at both federal and state level respectively and in a complex environment to achieve results
11. A proven approach to capacity building, professional networking and working in partnership with other implementers and host country government
12. Good analytical and presentation skills, in English
13. Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
14. Result-oriented, focused, highly skilled in writing, planning and strategizing
15. Proficient with computer skills.