LABORATORY CONSULTANT – TECHNICALSPECIALIST
Project / Program: Nigeria Global Fund RSSH-NACA
Reports To: Laboratory Systems Team Lead
The Technical Specialist (Lab Systems) position is designed to support the timely implementation of all the project’s laboratory system strengthening objectives. S/he will support the strengthening of laboratory competencies and performance across the national, state and LGA levels of the health system. S/he will support project level data management including performance tracking of key indices.
This position reports to the Senior Technical Specialist, Laboratory Systems NACA/RSSH Program Management Unit.
· Provide technical input in the development of an integrated project plan in collaboration with the Senior Technical Specialist.
· Provide hands-on technical support to the Sub-Recipients (SR) supporting the laboratory systems strengthening module, ensuring highest level of project management skills are applied to the overall grant management results
· Support the implementation of the activities of the laboratory program of the Global Fund Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) grant that supports delivery of comprehensive prevention, care and treatment services.
· Support the Project on baseline and follow-on assessment of targeted Global Fund-supported laboratories enrolled into the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program and quality management system
· Take responsibility for the day-to-day of the laboratory Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) system.
· Support the SR to develop concept notes and guidance documents in relation to interventions and activities
· Lead SR to conduct periodic programme reviews and development performance improvement plans
· Support capacity building for the corresponding laboratory systems strengthening SR staff and the state staff.
· Support the implementation of the project learning agenda for improved outputs and outcomes.
· Provide technical support to all implementing health facilities.
· Document programmatic status and achievements and feedback to the Senior Technical Specialist on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
· Support the development of communication products including but not limited to success stories, fact sheets, technical briefs, abstracts and publications.
· Support the strengthening of laboratory management information systems as well as laboratory commodity logistics systems in country.
· Represent the project within the state and local laboratory stakeholders’ community.
· Participate in any other activities related to the above functions.
a. Inception report within the first two weeks of commencement of the consultancy.
b. Monthly progress report throughout the duration of the consultancy.
c. Monthly project implementation plan and implementation/burn rate tracker
d. Monthly reports on the implementation of the eN-LIS activities
e. Reports of the NLTWG and supported SLTWG meetings
f. Reports of the NMLSP and NMLSTr.P dissemination meetings
Qualification and work experience
o Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or other Related Field, Post-graduate degree and/or certification in Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
o Minimum of 5 years’ field level professional experience in managing laboratory component of supply chain management
o Experience working with the key stakeholders within the Nigerian lab services landscape including government and implementing partner landscapes.
o Experience in designing and implementing Laboratory system strengthening interventions in HIV, TB & Malaria programs.
o Experience developing or supporting the development of laboratory systems guidance documents, strategic frame works, concept notes, SOPs, manuals etc.
o Experience designing and executing capacity building events including the development of training facilitation.
o Strong experience using the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) tools [electronic and paper-based] in Nigeria and hands-on experience.
o Working experience in management of public health laboratory commodities pipeline.
o Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
o Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English.
o Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office applications preferred).
o Experience using web-based applications (email, browsing, and literature retrieval).
o Ability to work with minimal supervision.
The duration of the consultancy is Two Months.
4. Number of Consultant Required-One (1)
While submitting the Technical Proposal, the Applicant shall, in particular, ensure to attach the following:
– Profile of the consultant (max 1 page) explaining why they are the most suitable for the work.
– Copies of all certificates for all qualifications indicated in the CV.
– Relevant Experience (max 2 page) and relevant supporting document.
– Detailed methodology and conceptual framework with expected deliverables and timelines, man days required (3-5 pages).
– Recent CV
The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount (including a breakdown of costs for fee, travel and number of working days). Payments will be made in installments based upon key outputs/deliveries (mentioned under payment schedule above).
6.`COLLECTION OF REQUESTS FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) DOCUMENT
The Request for Proposal (RFP) can be downloaded from this link;
7. GUIDELINE FOR SUBMISSION AND OPENING OF DOCUMENTS
The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “LABORATORY CONSULTANT – EQA (Support to the NEQAL Laboratory” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below.
Deadline for Submission: The deadline for the submission of proposal should not be later than Thursday 12 noon of 19th October , 2023. The submission(s) received will be opened immediately after closing at NACA Conference Room in the presence of consultants that choose to attend.
8. ADDRESS FOR INFORMATION AND SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
Ground Floor Room 1.08
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office, Wuse zone 4, Abuja
Email: [email protected]
9. GLOBAL FUND CODE OF CONDUCT
You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
Accepting this invitation shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
Code of Conduct
Whistle blowing and channel of reporting grievances and infractions.
i. Late submissions will not be accepted.
ii. NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
iii. If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
ii. NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
iii. This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
iv. NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.