Global Fund RSSH Finance Officer
|Job title: Finance Officer||Supervisor: Finance Manager|
|Duration of contract: 33 months||Location: Abuja|
|The Accountant position is responsible for assisting the Accountant with safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of NACA and ultimately the Global Fund (GF) or other donor against fraud, loss or misuse. S/He is responsible for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, NACA’s policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
|1. Support preparation of payment vouchers
2. Properly code all transactions
3. Support payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field
4. Support preparation of advances
5. Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account
6. Maintain accounting files
7. Follow up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation
8. Support the preparation of all financial reports as requested by supervisor
9. Preparation of forms for payments of taxes and social security
10. Other tasks as requested by supervisor
11. Ensure that month and year-end accounting activities are done accurately and in compliance with NACA policies and procedures.
12. Ensure that all costs have adequate prior authorization and approval.
13. Ensure audit compliance utilizing principles of audit and performance.
14. Maintain current standing with all mandated tax and registrations, including submission of payments and required reports.
|1. Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration
2. A minimum of 3 years of accounting experience, experience working with donor-funded projects an advantage.
3. Ability to use basic accounting software (SAP)
4. Good understanding of budgets, financial processes and financial reporting and compliance with donor requirements.
5. Experience of budgeting and budget management
6. Understanding of financial systems and procedures
7. Experience of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
8. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
9. Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
10. Ability to work with minimal supervision work and as part of a diverse team
11. Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional-level English language skills.