Global Fund RSSH Finance Manager
|Job title: Global Fund RSSH Finance Manager||Supervisor: Project Coordinator|
|Duration of contract: 33 months||Location: Abuja|
|The Finance Manager position is responsible for safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of Global Fund (GF) against fraud, loss or misuse. S/he is responsible for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, NACA’s policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.|
|1. Understand and articulate the basic tenets of Internal Control and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to other staff members.
2. Develop tools to use to train PR and SR staff in proper financial record keeping procedures and procurement integrity.
3. Lead the process of ongoing improvement of financial systems and internal controls at PR and SR levels.
4. Implement standard NACA procedures to manage and monitor the financial resources of the project office. This includes: ensuring that all payments comply with NACA rules and regulations and are supported by adequate documentation
5. Ensure accurate entry of transactions in accounting system assuring detailed memos, proper charge codes, account codes and job tracking.
6. Assure payment of per diem and transport to participants and other expenses paid at field activities is properly managed, documented and follows project policy.
7. Manage travel advances to staff, assuring proper documentation and timely clearing of all advances.
8. Create journal entries, assuring all entries are properly coded, charged to the proper account codes and jobs.
9. Supervise management of petty cash, assuring all purchases are properly documented, approved and comply with petty cash management policy.
10. Working in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator to prepare and monitor project budgets and pipeline expenditures.
11. Estimate upcoming cash needs and accrue expenditures as appropriate.
12. Reconcile bank accounts and prepare field expenses.
13. Interpret and approvestandard financial reports (Balance Sheet, Income Statement. Cash Flow).
14. Interpret weekly and monthly specialized reports for the Project Coordinator and Country Directors
15. Establish internal systems for purchase approval and asset use that ensure adequate internal control.
16. Ensure that all paid invoices agree with supporting documentation, including price quotes, purchase orders and shipping receipts.
17. Ensure that all costs have adequate prior authorization and approval.
18. Ensure audit compliance utilizing principles of audit and performance.
19. Maintain current standing with all mandated tax and registrations, including submission of payments and required reports.
20. Prepare reports for Global Fund or other donor missions or agencies as required.
21. Train and supervise a proactive team of staff, providing support and advice as necessary
|1. Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Audit
2. ICAN or equivalent degree (CA, CPA, ACCA,CISA,CFE) is added advantage
3. A minimum of 10 years accounting or auditing and grants management experience
4. Preferably at least 3 years’ experience working with donor funded projects (preferably Global Fund).
5. Ability to use modern accounting software (SAP preferred)
6. Effectiveness in training and coaching finance and non-finance staff in internal control policies and procedures to ensure highest standards are maintained
7. Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management
8. Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures
9. Excellent experience of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
10. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
11. Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
12. Ability to build a proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary
13. Strong management, supervisory, and capacity building skills, including at least 5 years’ experience in managing teams of professional staff.
14. Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional level English language skills.
15. Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
16. Sound knowledge of the Government of Nigeria structures and policies relevant to the management and oversight of Global Fund programs will be an advantage.
17. Strong leadership skills and ability to respond effectively to deadlines and high-pressure situations.
18. Good understanding of budgets, financial processes and financial reporting and compliance with donor requirements.
19. Ability to work with multi-sectoral teams and produce positive results