REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR THE ENGAGEMENT OF CONSULTANT FOR DEVELOPMENT OF STANDARDS FOR NHMIS INTEGRATION
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) is supporting the Department of Health Planning Research and Statistics (DHPRS) of the Federal Ministry of Health to implement a project to strengthen the National Health Management Information System (NHMIS). This project is supported by the Global Fund.
Despite improvements made in data reporting to DHIS2, there are persistent bottlenecks including continued fragmentation and gaps in the sharing of data/communication as exemplified by the multiple or parallel data reporting platforms such as eNNRIMS, DATIM, eTB manager and DVDMT. Funding and other logistics challenges have resulted in the DHIS2 lagging behind other programme data management platforms that have achieved various levels of real-time data capture and management. The bottlenecks in DHIS2 roll-out are currently being addressed through the NHMIS Strengthening grant in the grant extension. It is envisaged that by end of 2018 the process of integration and interoperability of all platforms with DHIS2 would have been achieved under the current GF grant.
2.0 PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The main purpose of the assignment is to review and produce guidelines for NHMIS integration to guide the process of migrating or integrating specific disease or funder data into one national DHIS2 instance. This is aimed to improve the functionality of the National Health Management Information System (NHMIS) in Nigeria and incorporate other disease programs for effective management and extraction of data from the DHIS2 national platform.
3.0 SPECIFIC TASKS
The individual consultant will work with DHPRS and NACA technical staff to accomplish the following tasks:
- Scan and review existing SOPs and guidelines for NHMIS integration
- Map existing health databases in the country (disease and funder specific)
- Outline standards and processes for integrating or migrating existing and future databases into the NHMIS platform i.e. DHIS2 instance
- Produce a step-by-step guidelines and standard operating procedure (SOP) for integrating disease specific database into the national instance
- Web search and resource mapping
- Stakeholder consultations
- Key Informant Interviews
- Guidelines for database integration within the NHMIS
- Flow chart for database integration within the NHMIS
6.0 QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent degree in Health Information Systems Management or related field.
- The individual must have worked in the space of Health Management Information System in Nigeria and should possess at least capacity in DHIS management
- Experience in developing, managing and supporting HMIS and alternative large-scale routine health service data collection systems and tools
- Strong track records in building effective data management systems in Nigeria
- Experiences in supporting data management at federal, local government and health facility levels
- Good knowledge of workings of the National Health Management Information System in Nigeria and DHIS 2.0 platforms in Nigeria
- Proficient IT skill and database management
- Proven track record in managing national DHIS platform
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
7.0 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Duration of assignment: 10 days
- Submission must be in English language only, in four (4) copies (one original and three copies) sealed in an envelope clearly marked “Consultant for development of standard for NHMIS Integration” and dropped in the Tender Box provided with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address stated in paragraph 9 below or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The cover letter submitted with the Curriculum Vitae (CV) must be signed
- Interested Consultant may obtain further information on the Terms of Reference (ToR) via the Agency’s website or obtain hard copy at the same address stated in paragraph 9 below from 0900 to 1530 hours local time, Mondays to Fridays (except weekends and public holidays).
- Submission must be delivered/received to the same address/mail on or before 1200 noon local time on or before Tuesday 13th November 2018.
- All submissions shall be opened immediately on the same date at the NACA Conference Room immediately after closing.
8.0 GUIDELINE FOR SUBMISSION AND OPENING OF DOCUMENTS
Curriculum Vitae (CV) must be in English Language and submitted in four (4) copies (one original & three copies) in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Consultant for development of standard for NHMIS Integration” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below or send to mail email@example.com.
Submission of application closes on Tuesday 13th November 2018 by 12 noon, and the submission received will be opened immediately after closing at NACA Conference Room (Ground Floor) in the presence of consultants that choose to attend.
9.0 ADDRESS FOR INFORMATION AND SUBMISSION OF BIDS
Head Procurement and Supply Chain Management
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
Ground Floor Room 1.08
Plot 823, Ralph Shodeinde Street Central Business District, Abuja.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +234-9-4613726-9 Fax: +234-94613700
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
iii. If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
iii. This advertisement shall not be construed as a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.