The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) was established in 2001 as an emergency response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Nigeria, with focus to coordinate the various HIV/AIDS activities, collaborate and support different stakeholders for a multi-sectoral and multi-disciplinary response to the HIV/AIDS in the country. Since then, the agency has served its mandate as the overall national coordinating body through strong partnerships with stakeholders at all levels (government, funders and implementers). A lot of progress has been made in the response since the establishment of the agency, most notably the dropping of national prevalence to 1.4% as evidenced by data from the National AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS) released in 2019. The new data also shows a shift in the pattern of the epidemic in terms of population spread, both geographic and behavioral. The evidence demonstrates a need for the HIV/AIDS response to be refocused and restrategised at all levels in order to ensure maximum impact with the available resources.
The National Response Operational Plan will serve as a master roadmap for all HIV/AIDS activities in the country. At a glance, it will give an overall picture of the response in terms of who the funding and implementing partners are, what are their contributions to the response in terms of financing and implementation, where they operate, their target populations and primary objectives for their projects and programmes. The plan will enable proper alignment of all HIV/AIDS activities to objectives of the National Response so that they are contributing to targets that are important to the country. It will also improve accountability and transparency in the response.
The Operational Plan will also serve as a key advocacy and negotiation tool for the country to use in sourcing for funding support from international bodies. It will show clearly what the focus of the response is and the gaps that need to be filled. It will also serve as a reference point for any organizations, both local and international, that want to be involved in the response. Additionally, it will enable evaluation of the response and the different activities being funded for decisions on cost effectiveness of the different interventions that will inform either scaling up the intervention or stepping it down.
The overall goal of the project is to develop a web based comprehensive National Response Operational Plan (NROP) for the Nigeria HIV/AIDS response and utilize the AIDS Council in building consensus and promoting the use of the web based instance as a policy direction. More specific objectives are:
- To develop a template that will capture activities of all donors and development partners involved in the Nigeria HIV/AIDS response
- To harmonize activities and strategies of all stakeholders funding the national response
- To align strategies and activities of all donors towards achieving specific objectives of the National Strategic Plan
- To improve efficiency and avoid duplication of efforts in planning and implementation of HIV/AIDS activities across the country
- To have a single reference point for HIV/AIDS programming across the country
2.1 Engagement of a Consultancy Firm
The development of the National Response operational plan will require the engagement of a consultancy firm. This firm will be responsible for developing a template, with guidance from NACA, which will be used to capture the strategies and activities of all the donors and the government for the response. The Agency will generate comprehensive information and invitation letters to be signed and sent to all the relevant donors to participate in the development process.
3.0: Eligibility Criteria
Prospective Firms are requested to submit their Expression of Interest that demonstrate capacity and capability to undertake this assignment detailing the following information as basis for short-listing for further evaluation in a subsequent procurement process in which technical and financial proposals will be requested and reviewed accordingly. The Prospective consultancy firm may be single entity or consortium but not individual consultant and must also comply with the following eligibility criteria:
- Evidence of company registration (certificate of incorporation of the company) including CAC02 and CAC07
- Duly Certified Company Audited Accounts for the last 3 years (2017,2018 and -2019)
- Evidence of Tax payment (current tax clearance certificate for the last three years (2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Verifiable evidence of similar jobs successfully completed by inclusion of Award Letters/Completion Certificates/Report/Payment Receipt verifiable by the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) from the entity where such project were executed.
- Evidence of current PENCOM Compliance Certificate expiring by 31st December 2020.
- Evidence of current ITF Compliance Certificate expiring by 31st December 2020.
- Evidence of current NSITF Compliance certificate expiring by 31st December 2020
- Evidence of up to date registration with Data base of BPP by inclusion of Interim registration report (IRR) Issued by the Bureau of Public Procurement expiring by December, 2020.
- Sworn Affidavit: disclosing whether or not any officer of NACA or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bids are true and correct in all particulars and; that the company is not in receivership of any form of insolvency/bankruptcy nor in debarment and that the company nor any of the Director(s) of the company has been convicted of any financial crime;
- Company’s Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of at least 3 Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications
- For Joint Venture (JVs), include Memorandum of Understanding (indicating the responsibilities and duties of the individual firms consulting the JV;
3.0 Mode of Submission for Expression of Interest (EOI)
Expression of Interest must be in English Language only and submitted in the Tender Box provided, in duplicates (one original & one copy) in a sealed envelope clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE HOSTING OF NATIONAL COUNCIL ON AIDS” with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below. The Agency reserves the right to reject any or all of the Expression of Interest.
Interested Firms may obtain further information at the address below from 0900 to 1530 hours local time, Mondays to Fridays. EOI must be delivered to the address below on or before 1200hours local time on Wednesday October 07, 2020. No EOI shall be received after the closing date and time. The EOI proposals shall be opened on the same day immediately after close of bids at the Conference Room of the National Agency for the Control of AIDS, No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office, Wuse zone 4, Abuja in the presence of bidders or their representatives.
Please note that at this stage, no technical and financial proposals are required. Based on the information submitted in response to this request for EOIs, NACA will prepare a shortlist of qualified organisations that would be later issued a Request for Proposal.
4.0 GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned unopened;
- All costs will be borne by the bidders;
- Bidders are excused from the bid opening, which will be attended by officials of private sector professional organisation and CSOs in the areas of anti-corruption/transparency. The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify bidders with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the bidder may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal because of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of NACA to award a contract to any Contractor, nor shall it entitle any Contractor submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.