ENGAGEMENT OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT (SCM) OFFICER FOR A SHORT TERM CONTRACT AT NACA/GF PMU
Ref. No.: NACA/GF/SCM2021
Date of Issuance: 23rd March 2021
Following the reporting of the first case of COVID 19 in Nigeria in March 2020, the country launched a response to the pandemic. Nigeria through the Country Coordinating Mechanism(CCM) submitted a C19 Response Mechanism funding request to the Global Fund that was successful. NACA was selected as the Principal Recipient for the C19 Grant and is expected to end in June 2021. The GF C19 Grant is to support the mounting of a robust and effective response to the C19 pandemic by the country and is being used to fund the following interventions: procurement of diagnostic kits to scale-up testing by NCDC, PPEs for health workers, and other health equipment.
The implementation of approved activities for the C19 Grant is progressing rapidly at a rapid pace as the grant winds down towards the June 2021 end date. The PMU will require additional hands to support the coordination, management including interfacing with relevant NCDC staff, manage suppliers; inventory of products, stock verification, planning & distribution of items, and coordinate tracking and utilization of diagnostic tests.
NACA thus seeks to engage the services of a qualified and experienced short-term consultant that will support the NACA PMU in the coordination and effective management of interventions and activities in the C19 Grant. The consultant will work under the direct supervision of the NACA PMU SCM officer.
- Key responsibilities
- Provide technical support to designated staff on the NCDC Supply Chain Management team (SCMT) on C19 RM grant implementation
- Work with the NCDC supply chain Management Team (SCMT) to support warehousing and stock movement of all commodities with a special focus on data capture and reporting.
- Support the execution of a synchronized inventory management activities in collaboration with the forecasting and supply planning team, to increase visibility and prompt decision making based on available data.
- Assist with identification, receiving, and validation of all inbound commodities (procurement and donations and reporting same to supply chain Head as a daily report.
- Support the management of aggregated end-to-end commodity demand planning and inventory positioning to ensure uninterrupted support and access to C-19RM commodities.
- Update weekly stock movement report for review by the NCDC Supply chain officer, and onward communication to the grant coordinator.
- Monitor the Utilization of C19 RM commodities and prompt reporting of consumption data, and keep updated records of C19RM program activities.
- Support the performance, monitoring, and evaluation of the C19RM grant to maximize return on investment (value for money).
- Attend weekly meetings of the NCDC and NACA team on C19 RM
- Perform any other duties as requested by the NACA PMU SCM Officer
- A Degree in Pharmacy or Medical Lab Sciences
- Supply Chain Management Certification an added advantage.
- Practical knowledge and experience of logistics and warehouse operations are essential.
- Minimum of 3 Years’ experience in Supply chain and Health product Management in Nigeria
- Ability to communicative effectively and maintain rapport with customers, managers, and colleagues.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Have advanced IT skills and be proficient in critical basic software packages, especially in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively at all levels.
- Experience working with relevant Government institution at the national/or state level
- Expected outputs
- Ongoing technical support to NCDC GF C19 Supply chain management team
- Develop and update monthly a Dashboard that tracks all C19 RM commodities and updated monthly
- Monthly supply plan for all GF Funded diagnostics. This plan will include details such as the item description, quantities to deliver, delivery addresses, and facilities focal person.
- Weekly stock movement report, distribution records, and filing requirements
- Monthly utilization data on utilization of diagnostics by laboratory networks
- Verification of all invoices, requests for payments, and proof of deliveries by contracted 3rd Party Logistics (3PLs).
- Monthly narrative reports of C19 SCM activities that detail progress with planned activities, utilization data challenges, and remedial actions
- End of consultancy process report that documents achievements, lessons learned, and recommendations for the future.
4 months from April to July 2021
NACA Abuja with regular visits to NCDC office in Abuja and travel to states/lab networks
- GUIDELINE FOR SUBMISSION AND OPENING OF DOCUMENTS
Curriculum Vitae (CV) must be in English Language and submitted in four (4) copies (one original & three copies) in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Supply Chain Management Consultant” and the Name, Address, Email, and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below or send to mail [email protected]
Submission of application closes on Tuesday 6th April 2021 by 12 noon,
- ADDRESS FOR INFORMATION AND SUBMISSION OF BIDS
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
Ground Floor Room 1.08
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office, Wuse zone 4, Abuja
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +234-9-4613726-9 Fax: +234 94613700
- GLOBAL FUND CODE OF CONDUCT
You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
Responding to this advert shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify candidates with falsified documents and claims.
iii. If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, a candidate may face prosecution in a court of law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified candidate as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
iii. This advertisement shall not be construed as a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any candidate submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any candidate, and reserves the right to annul the recruitment process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing a reason.