This position is for the Global Fund Job details...Read More
Engagement of a Scientific Editor for the professional review and editing of the national key populations (KP) HIV and STI consolidated service delivery guideline
Project / Program: HIV
Reports To: CPCS Department
The 2018 Nigeria AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS) showed that the national HIV prevalence is higher among key populations than in the general population. It is as high as 46% for female sex workers (FSW), 37% for men who have sex with men (MSM) in certain locations, while people who inject drugs (PWID) account for up to 9% of new HIV infections in Nigeria. HIV prevalence among FSW is 15.5%, MSM 25.0%, PWID 10.9% and transgender persons 28.8% (IBBSS 2020). The overall HIV prevalence was 2.8% among people in prison – double that reported in the general population, which is 1.3% (National Assessment of HIV and AIDS and Health Services Situation in Nigerian Prisons, 2018).
NACA worked with stakeholders providing interventions for Key populations in Nigeria in the development of the national key populations (KP) HIV and STI consolidated service delivery guideline. This guideline is part of government’s efforts and commitment to dealing with the negative societal and programmatic impact of drug use, sex work and same sex practice among men, including driving the sexually transmitted infections and HIV. It underscores and outlines the key service delivery strategies and factors for considerations in key population service delivery (access, acceptability and affordability).
- OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY
- To scientifically edit the developed national key populations (KP) HIV and STI consolidated service delivery guideline.
- To produce a reviewed and edited copy of the document for printing.
- EXPERIENCE/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Master’s Degree in public health or social sciences
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in HIV programming and must be familiar with health and non-health sector HIV programming in relation to HIV & AIDS.
- Demonstrate with evidence of good understanding of the General HIV/AIDS situation in sub-Saharan Africa and in Nigeria in particular.
- Should have demonstratable writing skills in developing strategic documents and other technical reports and publications.
- DURATION OF CONSULTANCY
The consultant shall work over a period of 10 days.
He/she will be paid after confirmation of completion of job by the user
Number of Consultant Required-One (1)
While submitting the Technical Proposal, the Applicant shall, in particular, ensure to attach the following:
- Profile of the consultant (max 1 page) explaining why they are the most suitable for the
- Copies of all certificates for all qualifications indicated in the CV.
- Relevant Experience (max 2 page) and relevant supporting document.
- Detailed methodology and conceptual framework with expected deliverables and timelines, man days required (3-5 pages).
- Recent CV
The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount (including a breakdown of costs for fee, travel and number of working days). Payments will be made in installments based upon key outputs/deliveries (mentioned under payment schedule above).
7.`COLLECTION OF REQUESTS FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) DOCUMENT
The Request for Proposal (RFP) can be downloaded from this link;
- GUIDELINE FOR SUBMISSION AND OPENING OF DOCUMENTS
The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in two (2) hard copies each (one original & One copy) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Engagement of Consultant” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below.
Deadline for Submission: The deadline for the submission of the proposal should not be later than Friday 12 noon of 17th, March 2023. The submission(s) received will be opened immediately after closing at NACA Conference Room in the presence of consultants that choose to attend.
- ADDRESS FOR INFORMATION AND SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
Ground Floor Room 1.08
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office, Wuse zone 4, Abuja
- GLOBAL FUND CODE OF CONDUCT
You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
Accepting this invitation shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement be construed construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing a reason.
We move! Join us to do this. If you are an adolescent, you don't want to miss out on this.... super health information, free doctors consultation for 5 days and free data too. @UNICEF_Nigeria @UNICEFi...Read More
Nigeria Key Populations Health and
Call for Nominations Interim National Steering Committee ...Read More
UNAIDS MAKES CASE FOR MORE
L-R: National Coordinator NEPWHAN, Mr. Abdulkadir Ibrahim; Director Resource...Read More