- The World AIDS Day is an annual event celebrated December 1st
- Celebrated by the government organizations, NGOs, civil society and other health officials
- First observed in 1988
- It is aimed at creating awareness of HIV/AIDS and issues around its treatment and prevention etc.
- The theme for this year is COMMUNITIES MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
- Medical outreach to selected slums
- HIV Testing Services at mechanic villages and spare part markets.
- Sporting Events
- Annual Lecture/Book launch
- Youth focused Events– literary debate competition
- Night of tribute/ Candle light Event
- 2019 WAD Press Conference
- Religious Event (Church/ Mosque)
- Road Show/Walk
- NACA Annual Red Ribbon Award
- Annual road show will feature about 250 participants.
- Would include professional dancers, skaters and mascot.
- Security and health services would be provided. Red Cross/ FRSC)
- Likely venues for sporting events – Old Parade Ground or Military Barracks
- HTS – conduct HTS in major motor parks and mechanic villages within Area Councils of the FCT
- AYP – conduct a literary debate or drama competition around the WAD theme among secondary schools in the FCT.
- Medical outreach – to selected IDP camp
- Medical Outreach
- Relief Materials to be distributed
- Development of Key Messages and punchlines for the WAD
- 2019 WAD Press Briefing
- TV appearances
- Sponsorship of social media platform
- Media coverage of 2019 WAD events
NACA Annual Red Ribbon Award
- The Award Night will be titled “NACA Red Ribbon Award”
- The proposed theme for this maiden edition is “Honouring our Heroes Past and Present”.
- Proposed categories of award:
- National Response Pioneer Category
- National Response Support Category
- Ending AIDS in Nigeria Category
NACA Annual Lecture
- Annual lecture – Theme “Ending AIDS in Nigeria by 2030: Achieving the last mile”
- Two technical sessions – each lasting about 40 minutes. Each conducted as a panel of discussion of 3 speakers with Q&A sessions to follow afterwards.
- 1st technical session – Policy & Programmatic Roadmap ending AIDS by 2030
- 2nd technical session – Funding the National Response: Sustainable Financing Strategies
- NACA wishes to collaborate with all partners planning to celebrate this year’s WAD ( for cost efficiency, impact and greater visibility)
- That Partners indicate activities/subcommittees which they are willing to support/collaborate.
|S/N||Name||Tel. Number||Email Address|
|1||Dr. Tolu Oladele (2019 WAD Committee Secretary)||0807 359 firstname.lastname@example.org,|
|2||Mr. Oluwaseun Oshagbami||0803 647 email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Barr. Ade Aiyewumi||0816 614 email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|